Giving MSPs better options with CPaaS
The list of ‘Cloud Video Services’ gets longer every day, sometimes from new entrants like Amazon Chime, but most often from established traditional players. They seem to be seeking an answer to the Black Eyed Peas question of “Whatcha gonna do with all that junk…”. And the answer is increasingly to deploy their ‘stock’ of hardware codecs in some datacenters and call it Cloud.
While their inventiveness is admirable it also delivers the following predictable and mundane experience:
- User’s still experience a transcoded Hollywood Squares display
- It’s a one size fits all environment, with little to no user control or focus
- Growth, expansion and flexibility in deployment are Vendor constrained
- The service plans offer small margins and uncertain repeatability for MSPs
For an MSP seeking ways to expand their portfolio, Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) offers an entry point into multiple markets with real differentiation. But when trying to build your brand, attract and retain customers, AND attain profits via OTT services, playing the ‘reseller’ game offers little . To avoid the limitations imposed in location, and especially service plans in Vendor deployed systems MSPs will benefit by choosing a Platform that delivers flexibility.
- Delivering on the “P” for platform requires several fundamental elements:
- Branding is clearly significant when building your MSP Identity.
- Deployment options, including speed, and Hybrid Cloud and the valuable attributes of a software defined architecture.
- An advanced User Experience that improves flexibility and takes advantage of modern technology
And now comes the pièce de résistance
TechTarget links current trends together with the market direction of CPaaS, saying “…the pieces of the puzzle started fitting together in 2016.” and signaling the importance of “Business Workflows”. This is a clear trend, however the products and services for communication remain siloed.
We’re on the brink of a sea change, replacing parallel and tangentially connected applications with communication enabled workflows enables companies to optimize business processes. And not for just a single application or point solution, now it’s possible to unify all of your team’s cloud applications in context with the projects they are working on.
Those MSPs using CPaaS to lay the groundwork for a service delivering communications enhancements to Business Workflows, under their own brand, are the ones that will profit early and reap long term business.
Would you like to learn more? Please contact us to set up a time to connect.