eZuce is pleased to announce the General Availability of sipXcom 18.12.
Do not directly upgrade to 18.12 from any version before 18.04 using the old method of changing the yum repo file. Please read the release notes for 18.04 and utilize the same methods of the upgrade script. Run a complete backup before upgrading.
This is a relatively small update as we’re continuing to work on CentOS 7 compatibility. We’ll have a separate 18.12.CentOS7 release coming out shortly after 18.12 becomes available.
The one major new feature in this release is the added ability of users to be able to set their language preference in the New User Portal.
sipXcom New Features
- Allow user to choose language in UniteWeb
- In UniteWeb allow users to listed to MoH and Greeting files in GUI
- Upgraded fail2ban to 0.9.6
- Added support for newer Yealink phones (thanks IANT!)
- Full Beta Release Notes with installation information are located here: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+18.12
- The regular release of 18.12 will have the ability to upgrade from earlier versions using the upgrade script used in 18.04. For the purposes of this beta release, please only do upgrades from 18.04 if you test systems are on a version earlier than 18.04, upgrade to 18.04 first.
Who Should Install?
This release is recommended for all 4.6 and later installations. If you have a patch installed to your system a new patch may be required.
New software releases are made at a rate of two to four releases a year. Releases are numbered in the <yy>.<mm>.<uu> format where <yy> and <mm> designate the year and the month, respectively, in which a release is made generally available. Where applicable, <uu> corresponds to an update release relative to a general release on which fixes are made available.
Please post to the sipXcom-users google group if you have questions.
Specific Issues Addressed
Specific issues can be located in the detailed release notes in the wiki at: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+18.12